Basic Requirements for Applying
- You must be able to describe previous experience administrating in any chatroom-like environment (Include specific examples!)
- You must be able to use proper grammar and spelling when writing
Tips for Applying
- Do not use any formatting tags in the application. They'll look awful when we review it.
- Proofread, preview, and self-edit before hitting post. If it is poorly written or presented, we may just shoot it down without reading it because you didn't care enough to put a little effort forth. Also, don't do what several people have done and post it again if you need to change it afterwards. Just edit it.
- Don't ask when or if we'll review it. We review based on whether we have enough people online at once to form a decent set of opinions, and whether those people feel like it. Don't nag us about it either. One exception to this might be if a set of application reviews are posted and yours was evidently unintentionally overlooked.
- Probably most importantly: The "Why should I accept you" spot is your chance to make your case of why you are more qualified for the job than everyone else.
"I like the server"? So do hundreds of people.
"I won't abuse"? That's not a point in your favor, that's something that is expected.
"I have ideas that will help the server"? Too vague.
"I can event/build"? So can several of our current admins.
"I'll ban cheaters/jerks/rulebreakers"? See "I won't abuse" and "I can event/build."
"I play often/am good at boss battles/have x points"? See "I like the server."
You have to present yourself as good, not average.
- Do not mix up the sections of the application. See that middle section to test your understanding of the job? That was put there because people weren't following the last tip, and kept repeating the job description in a roundabout way of saying "I should be an admin because I know what admins do." So now you have an entire part of the form to fill out with that specifically. Don't let it spill over into the reason to accept you. Same goes for experience.