BLID: 9643
October 13, 2016 22:21:16
Name: Land

ID: 28543

Experience: Kong123's Servers-Admin
Tezuni's Prison Escape-Was A Mod
Pixels Superpowered DM-Admin
General R's Randomize DM-Admin
I have been Mod/Admin in a lot of servers but unfortunately I cannot remember them.

What is my job: An Admins is to uphold the server. They must help the people who are new/while at the same time enforcing the rules of the server, An Admin's job relies on listening as well having good judgement in all situations. An Admin must never assume a person did this or did that, They must research what the selected person did and decide what his punishment is according to how server the rule break was. An Admin must never fight with the people of the server because that's just stupid, You have power and must not abuse it, although this often happens. An Admin must use appropriate force and not over over do any of thing of when a person breaks ar rule. An Admin's job is to kick/ban/mute appropriately and know when its right to do so.

Why should you accept me: I want to become a Admin because first off, I've noticed that the server is normally full and there are no staff members online watching it, I also really enjoy the server, and what it has to offer content wise. At first I was kind of iffy on whether or not I was going to enjoy this server, but I really like the concept so, I effortlessly play it. I also have tons of experience as a staff member and could greatly benefit everyone, by doing my job and being a good roll model towards others with mild behavior- or just to players who want to have a friendly environment. I'm also a very, very helpful kind of guy- I'd do anything to help this server- it means the world to me. I try my best everyday to improve the servers atmosphere and overall make a change! As to why I would be suited to the staff position, I believe that I have a commodity that could be well employed and otherwise wasted at this moment: Everyday I've played around 5-10 hours, seven days a week.(sometimes) This unusual amount of time does afford me some benefits to the server, as I feel I've gained an understanding of staff coverage on the Boss Battles server. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and the staff I have met and interacted are most amiable. Yet I notice there is a time when a concentration of staff is online. This produces efficient administration during a certain range of hours, however past this time frame, the server is more open to offences. I, on the other hand, am not bound to a routine schedule, my sleep pattern shifts sporadically and at will across the week so that you'll find me online both at common and strange hours, interacting with peoples of many different time zones. Unfortunately, I have seen moments in these less patrolled hours where action could not be immediately taken from an absence of staff presence across the server. In one instance in particular I saw how hurtful insolent comments can be from one player to others. On reflecting from this moment, I believe that combined with the monitoring of other staff, my time spent on the server would potentially bring abuse on the Boss Battles server to a near minimal level. I know that this wide coverage of server time would create an optimal environment for myself and fellow players to flourish, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere to hold onto novices and a streamlined experience for the veterans.

Timezone: mountain

Pecon: No. Not terribly well written.
Jetz: No. Above average, but needs refinement. With the second half of the job understanding, and statements like "my time spent on the server would potentially bring abuse on the Boss Battles server to a near minimal level," you seem to bring up the subject of abuse pretty often. Is this actually an issue with the server as you see it now? Also, "admin" isn't a proper noun.
Tophat: No. Potential, but doesn't hit the mark.
Ike: Yes, I'd say it would be worth giving him a fair shake. He has a good grasp on the job of an admin, just poor articulation of his point.
siba: No. App is huge, articulation is bad, but you do introduce qualities that I would want to see in an admin, I recommend applying again in the future - for now, I'll have to say no.
Swol: No
Tincan: No
Aware: No, your application focuses too much on how much time you spend on the server and trying to convince us that you will not abuse admin. "I will not abuse admin" should not be a reason to accept you.
Lugnut: "Everyday I've played around 5-10 hours, seven days a week.(sometimes)" - someone verify if this is garbage or not, but probably no - agreeing with jetz and tophat
Ry: No, Bad Vibes, key phrases like "I will not abuse", etc. For those who don't know, this is entry level administration common knowledge, we're looking for people who know the more intrecate parts of being an admin.
Trinko: Nah.
Joe: No.

Denied

Name: The Adventurer

ID: 33480

Experience: To be honest, I haven't had much experience being an admin. I have said in the past that I have had much experience being an admin, but that was only because I was thinking about the parts I was good at. Though I have some experience I don't have much. My previous experiences involve being admin of my own servers. The servers, of which, were different types, but mostly Free Build. Other times, it has been things such as Death Run and even my own Boss Battles (which, by the way, did terrible). While I haven't had much experience, I believe that I do a good job as admin.

What is my job: I believe that an admin's job is to keep the server diverse and ban/kick the cheaters, hackers, and spammers. An admin also makes the server better by asking what the others would like to see more of, such as more add-ons.

Why should you accept me: I think that you should accept me because even though I have been banned, I can still be a good person. Plus, when I hated Boss Battles, got banned, and made my own server of it just to be admin, that was a long time ago. I feel that I have proven to be a good sport when playing it now.

Pecon: No. Poor reasoning and questionable ethics.
Tophat: No. You've constantly thrown fits in the server whenever I've seen you then having to ban you after reading chat logs. Just generally immature. Still unsure if you wanted me to jump in a fire.
Jetz: No. Your experience section is heavily padded, I'm not sure what you mean by making the server "diverse", and you spent your entire reason to accept you trying to apologize for past mistakes, thus reminding everyone of them while neglecting to make any headway into any actual reason to pick you over anyone without a record.
Ike: No
siba: No.
Tincan: No. Freebuild servers require next to no effort to administrate, unless you have particularly poor ability to deal with players abusing OnPlayerTouch events.
Aware: No
Lugnut: ... 'diverse'?
Ry: No. Protip for any application either for videogames or actual job interviews: never talk about what you can't do, haven't done, or aren't. Highlight your positives, being humble is nice and all, but you're shooting yourself in the foot.
Trinko: Nope. Ry summed it up quite nicely for you, dont ever put what you cant do in your application.
Joe: No. Reading what the others have written about your past makes me question your sincere interest in Boss Battles, as you even said that you "hated Boss Battles" at a time, let alone was banned from the server that you now desire to become an admin on.

Denied

Name: Pacer

ID: 4785

Experience: LegoPepper's Medieval RP - Put players who RDM in sits and explain to them what they have done and if they understand what they have done before giving them a warning or a ban | Mod at Ravencroft's Falling Tiles - Assure there is order in Falling Tiles, making sure the game isn't broken or unplayable | Sanctus Rem's Grapple Knife DM - Maintaining the sanity of the server, assuring rule breakers are dealt with properly and efficiently. A rather old one here, Tetris's Falling Tiles - making sure everyone stayed in line most of the time, kept in mind all of rules to ensure a punishment is just and not out of abuse or rage. AnthonyRules144's Grapple Knife DM - ensuring that all rule breakers and cheaters/hackers are brought down immediately to keep the server quality fun and enjoyable for everyone.

What is my job: A believe an admin's job is to maintain order and quality within the server itself. Deal with anyone accordingly and efficiently. Ensuring to act quickly and fairly against players being unfair, hacking, cheating or other such misdemeanors that cause unfair gameplay and a rather horrid time for other players trying to have fun.Other such tasks for an admin include making sure said admin is performing their job correctly and with the utmost importance of keeping order maintained. Other jobs admins should be able to perform is to be able to take care of any such problem at least by themselves or without being asked to do so, keeping mind of their responsibility as an admin on a server.

Why should you accept me: I believe I should be accepted because I have a very well rounded personality as an admin, I always try my best whenever something goes wrong to improve my trust or given more of a responsibility over the server. I believe my maturity level passes some of the other potential admin applying. My grammatical and comprehension skills are very well notable and distinguished, allowing me to understand any problems efficiently and effectively, without misunderstanding.

Timezone: central

Pecon: No. Close, but not quite. You explained the job well, but you squandered the reason to accept section a bit. It should be pretty obvious how.
Tophat: No. Rather quick to the points, props. I do not believe your attitude entirely would benefit the server based on personal experience.
Jetz: No. "My grammatical and comprehension skills are very well notable and distinguished" "A believe an admin's job..." Better luck next time!
siba: No. "I believe my maturity level passes some of the other potential admin applying." - Don't do this, you're applying for a position that requires someone that isn't going to look down on others, admins are entrusted to be neutral until they encounter disruption.
Swol: No, Ok good point ^
Tincan: No. I felt like you spent way too much time talking about how you were going to be mature and how you used proper grammar instead of actually talking about why you would be a great admin. Also LegoPepper's Medieval RP is a genuinely disgusting server full of admins who constantly abuse and players who are massive shitlords. It might have changed with time but I'm not 100% sure.
Lugnut: "I believe my maturity level passes some of the other potential admins applying." - ftfy, no
Gizmo: Lego's RP is a pain in the ass to administrate but it is also easier than
Ry: No, use of the word "maturity" to describe anything is a guarunteed failure. This is another case of super basic given information that only people who are usually accused of failing this aspect report as a feature.
Trinko: Nope. I wouldnt recommend appraising yourself by mentioning your maturity as "above average", it actually makes you sound less mature. Also what siba said.
Joe: No. Though you advertised your abilities and skills in communicating using grammar and whatnot, your "Why should you accept me:," especially the last sentence, was relatively confusing to read. This, among with other errors, tells me that you failed to take the advice of the first tip for applying: "Proofread, preview, and self-edit before hitting post."

Denied

Name: Seh

ID: 23745

Experience: I have had a fair amount of experience as an administrator on different Blockland servers. I've been an administrator on a large variety of servers. Some examples include, Cat123's Grapple knife TDM server, where I helped him event and build an admin room. I also was an admin for two of Kong123's servers. On Kong's prison escape server, I left the mini game and watched the guards to be sure they didn't free kill, I also searched for glitches/holes on the map. On Kong's speed cart server, I kept profanity to a minimum in the chat, and broke up a few fights. Lastly, I was an admin on Pawlong's house building server. As admin on her server, I helped her judge the houses and answer other players questions about the rules of the server. I have also been admin on a few smaller servers that have since closed. Through my experiences on a wide variety of servers (the type of server and player amount) I believe I have developed many beneficial admin qualities.

What is my job: I believe an admin has many jobs. First, an admin should have a good knowledge of the server and its rules so if a player were to ask a question, the admin would have no trouble answering. An admin should also enforce the rules of the server, just not in a harsh way. An admin should kindly remind players of the rules if one or more are broken. Admin's should not kick and/or ban unless the situation is extreme and needs to be stopped. Lastly, admins should play with the players so they can get to know them, and so everyone is having a fun time while playing by the rules.

Why should you accept me: You should accept me because I have had many experiences as an admin on different servers that have given me many admin like qualities. I would like to bring my admin qualities to boss battles so I can help maintain order and continue having fun with others. As admin I enjoy helping people out and creating a fun environment for the players and other admins. As admin I keep the server straight by gently reminding players of the rules, so they don't get mad and try to rebel. I believe the server will benefit by having me as admin, because I have a positive attitude, and I'm great at creating an enjoyable atmosphere for the players. Also, as admin on boss battles, I can better myself and become an even better and more hard working admin, constantly striving to better the server and myself.

Timezone: eastern

Pecon: Yes.
Tophat: Yes. Gizmo made me re-read this. One, he got me, two, I just write the first thing to come to mind on my first pass on the applications. It seemed generic but all the applications blend together after a while. So basically it's a long-winded excuse of I didn't read into this one enough.
Jetz: Yes. Seems alright. I like how you put answering questions first on your list of reasons. Was kinda on the fence about "given me many admin like qualities" since you didn't specifically mention having lobster claws growing out of your spine and x-ray vision, but I'm sure you'll get there.
Ike: Yes
siba: Yes, well articulated and documented history of administration.
Tincan: Undecided. It's very hard to pin down whether or not I like this application or not.
Swol: Yes very good mentality seems very friendly, good admin material
Aware: Yes.
Lugnut: Yes.
Gizmo: Tophat is a hippo-crit. Yes.
Ry: Yes, As someone who has actually had the /pleasure/ of reviewing actual job applications; this shows both experience writing apps, and administrating.
Trinko: Yes. A little skeptical on this one, but yes.
Joe: Yes.

Accepted

Name: Zamex_PedoBear

ID: 38630

Experience: This is a first for me.

What is my job: To keep the game balanced fun and to protect this server from anything that would harm the server.

Why should you accept me: I am not a abuser and give me a chance I might surprise you.I have ran a Sniper TDM and am a Super Admin on another server called Zamex_Element's Grapple Knife.

Pecon: No. Experience is required.
Tophat: No.
Jetz: No. I was gonna shoot you down for your experience but I think even your name is a bit of a deal breaker. Imagine how silly that announcement would be.
Tincan: No. Yeah, I think a guy named "Zamex_Pedobear" would be a fantastic admin, especially one who has no experience.
Aware: Yes. Surprise away!
Lugnut: No.
Ry: No, Lol pedobear.
Trinko: no.

Denied

Name: GreyWolf

ID: 42130

Experience: I'm admin on a handful of servers, I'm not sure that I could list all of them, but an example few that I have admin on are:
1. 0xbaadcode's (or any variation of that name, he changes his name a lot.) servers.
2. Jack Noir's servers: Admin, where my role was to deal with RDM's (Despair Syndrome) and decide what the player's punishment would be.
3. Ant's server: Super Admin, This server is a bit of a special case, because I have never seen any troublemakers on it, which is hard to believe. What issues I might have to deal with would include spam (chat and bricks), and deciding what their discipline would be based on the severity of their wrongdoings.
4. Deceased Box's servers: Super Admin, in which I maintain the server and clear old bricks (Fort Wars).
5. Bloodage2's (Owner of THOL) servers: Admin, where my role was to maintain the server and keep it free of spam, and to remove players that were being a nuisance to the sever.
6. FieldWolf's servers: Super Admin, where my job was to maintain the server and clear old bricks (Fort Wars).
7. Agent Red's servers: Admin, to discourage players from abusing exploits (Death Run).

I also hosted a fairly popular fort wars several years ago.
To my knowledge, I have admin on at least 20 servers.
Most of those servers consist of FortWars servers, since that is what I am known for.

There are several other servers that I have dedicated my time to that were smaller, but were shut down due to the developers' lack of motivation to continue hosting and developing the server and game mode.

What is my job: To maintain the server and discourage players from breaking the rules. To maintain the server doesn't necessarily mean to keep it running, but rather to "clean up" when something goes against the server's "morals". Not only this, but keep the server in the best shape that I can possibly keep it in without changing anything outside of what the host allows me to change. All this does not mean that players and administrators cannot get along, but it does not mean that an administrator can become lenient towards a player because of their friendship. Players are players, and so all players should be disciplined equally. This means that while maintaining a healthy relationship with the players, the admin should continue to discipline players as needed. This allows the player to have a good time, and so they would want to come back to the server. All admins should maintain this healthy relationship between them and the players.

Why should you accept me: I have a generous amount of experience with administration, on somewhat popular servers. I am trusted by several other fairly popular server hosts, and therefore I believe that I could be a decent administrator on this server. I always have a set goal in mind for myself, always pushing myself to become a better person. I feel that I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to the server's functions and rules. I am quite "compatible" with most personalities; the only case that I would not be is if someone decides to break a rule or attack someone (verbally or physically) for no reason. I often help other players to understand the functions of the server, along with the expectations of the server's host and administrators. I am not simply writing a 5 sentence paragraph so that I can get a title and power, but rather writing this in the hopes that I can improve and maintain the great server that Boss Battles has grown to be. I hope to come in contact with several other administrators, in the hopes that if anything goes awry, or there is a decision that would greatly impact another player (such as a perma-ban) I can contact another admin to help with the decision making process to deal with the situation in the most appropriate way possible, rather than risking the server's reputation and my reputation as an administrator. I can promise that I will try my hardest to enforce the rules and maintain the great reputation that Boss Battles has today. (Thank you for reading this!)

Pecon: No. Negative history.
Tophat: No. I like the application, however ^^^^^
Ike: Sure
Jetz: "but rather to 'clean up' when something goes against the server's 'morals'" Sounds like you're applying to join an organized crime outfit. No.
Tincan: No. I've administrated with you before on Despair Snydrome. You constantly sparked drama and had no ability to keep yourself contained when players would call you out/be a pain to deal with. You also liked to abuse your powers such as the door in the second story that was meant to be a W.I.P, but you made it so that whenever someone clicked it, a giant message saying "% IS THE KILLER!" would pop up. There was no cooldown on this either, so players could spam it resulting in chat being bombarded with people being called the killer.
siba: No, I can't in good faith accept an application when I see evidence of past negative experience.
Aware: No.
Swol: Pecon: No. Negative history.
Lugnut: i can't say yes when our own people are literally like 'no because...' and they list 6 reasons - no
Ry: Indifferent, This application rubs me the wrong way, though I can't actually place why, I'd say no because "negitive history" like the rest, but I don't actually know, so I'll just abstain.
Trinko: Nah.

Denied

Name: Super Steve's bro

ID: 44572

Experience: Some freebuild server that I helped build a café and got moderator, my own servers aswell, not too mutch but everyone has to start somewhere.

What is my job: A job to keep the server clear of rulebreakers and exploits of somesort.

Why should you accept me: Ive experienced these types of people before, also making the troll (boner) ragequit while trolling the Pictionary server. I am also a experienced builder also, so maybe you could PM me on the fourms about that. I don't play the server as much as back in the day, so that may be a big OR little disadvantage.

Timezone: northAmer

Pecon: No.
Tophat: No. Perhaps your other bro could give you some pointers.
Jetz: No. Everyone has to start somewhere, but not here. Experience is important, and yours is pretty heavily lacking.
Swol: No, This guy is really annoying in game
Aware: No. Building is not a quality that makes good admins.
Lugnut: r u srs no
Ry: No. I wonder if Super Steve is an actual player that applied at some point too. You should redirect us to that at some point if it exists.
Trinko: Nope, too small.

Denied

Name: mcbrad921

ID: 47165

Experience: Sadly, I have no previous Administration experience.

What is my job: I believe an Admin's job is to help people understand the rules of the game and make sure everybody can have a good gaming experience.

Why should you accept me: Because, I would be a good admin and help people enjoy the server and want to come back.

Tophat: No. McNope.
Jetz: "Boss Battles so great, experience not required. Right?" Some experience is required. No.
Swol: No, Too sparse
Aware: No. "Want to come back"?
Lugnut: nah
Ry: No, why have we not started throwing out these mega-half-assed applications yet?
Joe: No, as Pecon and Jetz mention, experience is required.

Denied

Name: The Sir Rolfe

ID: 162540

Experience: I have been an admin for a friends server, a friend of a friend and I have hosted my own servers in the past.

What is my job: I believe that an admins job is to help run the server and all her extentions (websites etc) and to help anyone's needs and to make the experience more fun for the members joining. They should also undertake any job put apon them with out arguing and do it gladly. They should help the community, if any, of the server thrive in anyway they can and/or they are asked to.

Why should you accept me: There isn't really a answer to it. You do or you don't. I want to help thats all. If I can do something to help make things better I will do so.

Timezone: australia

Pecon: No. No effort put forward.
Jetz: Shall we go ask Joe Friendbert and Tom McFriendofafriend what they think? Detail your experiences. Still, a brief rant about the "why should you accept me" part: This isn't the place to pretend you're not 100% interested in the position. We evaluate spelling and grammar because they indicate when someone isn't putting effort into their application, and here, you're just giving us the answer. How can we believe you want to help the server when you're making it so obvious that you aren't all that interested in being a part of it? If you aren't enthusiastic about being an admin, save us the trouble of reading and don't apply. No.
Swol: No, Heart isn't in it, reject
Aware: No. Even you seem unsure if you should be admin.
Lugnut: jetz is doing a good job explaining why this is a no, so no
Ry: No. You're bad at applications.
Trinko: Nope, no effort.
Aqua: No. The job description part isn't the worst I've seen, but "undertake any job put apon them with out arguing and do it gladly" makes it sound like every admin is a mindless drone to the queen Pecon. Experience is extremely short as well, with the only examples given being on a friends server and your own. And the last section is horrid. "If I can do something to help make things better" ...then tell us how you can make things better?
Joe: No. The "Why you should accept me:" section is where you are supposed to sell us on, well... why we should accept you. You weren't specific about anything, and didn't tell us what or how you could contribute to Boss Battles.

Denied

Name: Squidbee

ID: 49258

Experience: A previous administration experience includes being the admin of Golden Block Productions, which is a private filming clan for Blockland. The responsibility of informing each member of a date we record or edit is a big responsibility. I have also been the admin of some Freebuild servers, I forgot the host's names. I am also an admin on Remousamavi's QMOI Dragonfly.

What is my job: I would describe an admin's job is to serve the Blockland Community. Too make it so it is fun to be apart of, instead of a risk, like other servers.

Why should you accept me: You should accept me because popular users in Blockland trust me very well, such as Filipe1020, 8bitcube, Brickitect, Ragref, etc... I do enjoy helping others in Blockland and other communities. I am a very responsible person and I enjoy what I do, which is help and improve people. I'm aware that being an admin requires responsibility and being able to handle others. I am ready for that .

Pecon: No. Not convincing.
siba: No, terribly lacking.
Jetz: Job description lacking, never once says anything specific to the server. No.
Swol: No, impersonator of squideey http://i.swololol.com/u/YKCDveoLI.png
Ry: No, TS;DR.
Trinko: No.
Aqua: No. Small nitpicks here and there with the spelling, second section is far too short, but I do like your last section aside from the "popular users trust me very well" part.

Denied

Name: Dave The Player

ID: 90695

Experience: N/A

This is First time applying, 2nd attempt because Name & BL_ID not filled

What is my job: An Admin's job is like a Royal Guard of a Castle, or Guards at a Club with the clipboard and whitelist.
An Admin's job is a Special job that not many People can have.
An Admin helps out with Players in need of help, Punishing the people who Break/Hack the rules/game, and treating everyone with Respect.
These Admins are here to help make the game Fair and Fun for all the Users.
That's how I describe what an Admin is.

Why should you accept me: I Swear to the Lords of Bossbattles,
That I shall treat everyone with respect,
and Never break the rules with ANY reason Besides the reason that the other admins told me

Tophat: No. Player 1 died this way. I don't think you should have done this, Player 2.
Jetz: That's great and all, but save the oath until after you've been accepted. Which is probably never gonna happen if your future attempts look like this. No.
Swol: lol no
Trinko: Eugh, no. Caps everywhere.

Denied

Name: Anzur789

ID: 199226

Experience: awesome!

What is my job: Assistant is a broad job category that designates an individual who provides various kinds of administrative support to people and groups in business enterprises. Job Duties Administrative assistants perform clerical duties in nearly every industry.

Why should you accept me: helping and having fun helping others to you can count on me if needed building perfanal

Pecon: No. You seem to have a lot of deep misunderstandings about... multiple things.
Tophat: No. After seeing Jetz's reply, I am impressed. Very impressed. And now I'm sad.
siba: Plagiarism, "Experience: awesome!" Seriously? no... wtf is "perfanal"
Jetz: Did you just... look up the wikipedia page for "administrative assistant" and copy paste it into the job description? I wouldn't have noticed if the rest hadn't been written at a first grade level. "Experience" is supposed to be for your past roles as an administrator, not a review of the server. Think you need a few more years of experience in general, though, before you stand a chance. No.
Swol: Job fraud refers to fraudulent or deceptive activity or representation on the part of an employee or prospective employee toward an employer. It is not to be confused with employment fraud, where an employer scams job seekers or fails to pay wages for work performed. There are several types of job frauds that employees or potential employees commit against employers. While some may be illegal under jurisdictional laws, others do not violate law but may be held by the employer against the employee or applicant.
Aware: No. Thanks for the jokes.
Lugnut: thanks for the laugh, no
Trinko: Um.. no..? What exactly am I looking at?
Joe: Did you copy and paste a job description? No.

Denied

Name: ChromeMustang

ID: 175533

Experience: I have was admin in the old boss battle server

What is my job: to keep the server an un exploitable envirement

Why should you accept me: because I'm trust full and I know what I'm doing when it comes to blockland.

Pecon: No. You have never been an admin.
Tophat: No. You tried. Not.
Swol: A level above trust full is required for entry
Jetz: You have will not be an admin in the current Boss Battle server. No.
Aware: No. If you were admin on a boss battles server it was not this one.
Trinko: These small applications are really entertaining. No.

Denied

Name: Throwmod

ID: 202508

Experience: Cavik's CityRPG.

What is my job: Make sure the server doesn't get wrecked, and keeping the server safe.

Why should you accept me: Because I truly think being Admin is very important on very big servers like Boss battles.

Timezone: australia

Pecon: No. Admins being important doesn't say anything about why we should accept you.
Tophat: No. Don't recall Cavik being the best host, either.
Swol: No, too sparse
Jetz: You're right, being an admin is important. Thus, we reserve the position for people who put effort into their applications. No.
Lugnut: #include "/bossbattles/admin/applications/answers/202508/jetz.txt"
Trinko: Nope. Is Boss Battles so important to you that you have to make a short application to show your complete interest and love for the server?

Denied

Name: Detective Spudmeistah

ID: 52730

Experience: I know how to handle the cheaters quite well, good at catching them.. Had a couple hackers in some servers, my friend made me super admin, then banned them. I enjoy clearing up servers.

What is my job: The job of an admin is quite hard and stressful but powerfully effective. An admin must get rid of little children who don't understand gaming, cyber bullies, and even hackers.

Why should you accept me: I have time around 4:00 to 9:00 most of the time, but not on Wednesdays. I'm good on spying on hackers or cheaters, and I will warn certain people to play the game right if they violate rules. I don't have years of experience but I WILL get the job done.

Pecon: No. You didn't actually explain what experience you have.
Tophat: No. Needs more overall if you're looking to get anywhere, but you've taken a step in the right direction...almost.
Swol: "admin must get rid of little children who don't understand gaming", Denied.
siba: No, that is not the job of an administrator.
Jetz: I like how "hackers" was an afterthought on the list of people who must be purged from our perfect gaming society. No.
Aware: No. We do not need a specialized hacker smacker.
Lugnut:No.
Trinko: No. Good at catching cheaters? You mean when someone kills you and you rage at them? Great job detective, youve solved the case! Thats what I imagine when people say "good at catching cheaters", thats one less point for you. Your application is also short which is another less point for you. "I enjoy clearing up servers?" So you like to ban people just to clear servers of players? Can we have more elaboration please? So far you have negative three points, detective. Oh and theres also this "An admin must get rid of little children who don't understand gaming, cyber bullies, and even hackers." Yeah that nailed it, negative four points! Youre out.
Joe: No. You went no further into specifics than mentioning handling cheaters in "some servers" and your friend making you a super admin. Who were the cheaters, what servers, and who made you super admin? Furthermore, in no circumstance is an admin supposed to "get rid of little children who don't understand gaming." You don't have to understand gaming to have fun, and if they're having fun and following the rules, in no circumstance should they be rid of.

Denied

Name: DeathFates

ID: 48684

Experience: I will be honest with you I have had no experience as admin on Blockland servers, but I have been admin on plenty of other games and moderator on some games in Blockland. In my line of work as begin these moderators plenty of people sayed that I need to become admin but it just has not happened. But I can say that I had have many moments were I had to act like an admin to keep the server undercontrol or even help the admins. I have been playing Blockland since I was six and I am 15 now, I have different accounts and my main is DeathFates. I don't use my other because I have either forgotten them or don't like to play on them.

What is my job: An admins job to me is to enforce the rules and make sure that everyone is having fun. As an admin I believe that enforcing the rules is the key of an admins job that is all there is to it. I believe this is true because the admin not only is obligated to follow the rules but make sure that everyone is following them so no one is getting bullied or someone just comes in to spam and what not.

Why should you accept me: You should accept me because not only am I trustworthy but its also because I would like to bond with the people of your server I will want to help around and be able to help any newcomers that have any questions. I don't get many chances to do this on good big servers that people love because they don't have applications like yours. I want to move forward and really get to know some people on Blockland. I want to show you guys that I am really trying to push for better things on this server, I want to give you my trust and in return be able to get yours back. I am not here to look cool or any dumb stuff like that I would like to dedicate my self to this server by logging in at anytime and on regular basis.

Tophat: No. Likely needs to be re-written, personally. Application overall feels lacking while having too many extra bits overall.
Swol: No, seems like a swell dude but no experience
siba: That experience is one of the most important points to an application, No.
Jetz: Translation: "An admin's job is to enforce the rules. An admin's job is to enforce the rules and nothing else. An admin's job is to follow the rules and enforce the rules." May want to put a little more thought into your application. No.
Lugnut: lots of words, little substance, add +3 years to the cooking time and come back. no
Trinko: Ew, no.
Aqua: No. While I do appreciate the honesty you gave in the experience section, you got a bit long winded near the end. The job description is lazy, as Jetz said, and a large portion of the acceptance section is you saying "I wanna meet people and be friends", which SURPRISE! You can do that as a regular player.

Denied

Name: TOM77

ID: 48565

Experience: I will execute all basic requirements for applying and all tips for applying.

What is my job: help.
give ban when somebody is breaking the rules.
give ban only with reason.
be friendly.
obey to Pecon.
keep the rules.

Why should you accept me: I will execute the admin job.

Timezone: middleEast

Tophat: No. Fairly certain I've had to deal with you in the server previously. I think you also wanted me to jump in a fire. What is it with people wanting me to plunge into flame?
Swol: Executed.
siba: "I will execute all basic requirements for applying and all tips for applying." sounds like a robot, No.
Jetz: First thing I noticed was that you're what I think is the first applicant we've gotten with "middle east" as a timezone. That was cool. +1 point for that. Then I read the rest of the application. -784 points for that. No.
Lugnut: did you even change the experience from the prefilled listing? no lol
Aqua: No. Extremely short reasoning for everything, and the experience section doesn't even make sense.

Denied

Name: 1AwesomeGuy2903

ID: 148122

Experience: I currently admin all of the servers that are owned by THOL, a really vague group that you don't know, that is owned by Blockland user Bloodage2, and Space. I've also been a moderator on a Minecraft server, owned by a friend, that is now dead.

What is my job: To keep a server in check of what is suppose to be happening. Whether it be moderating the chat and keeping flame wars from starting, or protecting the server from hackers or script kitties, they protect the server and keep the people playing happy. Keeping people happy and playing, by attempting to prevent anything bad happening.

Why should you accept me: I believe I have the basic idea of admin down, and know enough about the server to help the players. I believe I have good enough experience with keeping things in check. When I see stuff like people making the experience bad for others, by camping or the like. I just wish I could help, and I believe I could bring a lot to the table. And of course, I know all the basic kick and ban commands, as it's essential. Thank's for your time for reading my application, and thanks for your time.

Pecon: No. I'm not convinced you have any knowledge beyond what is already expected.
Tophat: No. Application is not so awesome as your name would have us believe.
Swol: No, annoying in game
Jetz: "THOL, a really vague group that you don't know" I'm glad you felt the need to make that assertion. True, I don't actually keep tabs on Blockland organizations anyway, so thanks for downplaying yours and saving me the trouble of questioning its significance. Rip in peace, Joe Friendbert. No.
Aware: No. I too am part of a group that you have probably never heard of. My skills consist of skills that you have probably never heard of.
Lugnut: cool experience bro, no
Aqua: No. Maybe it's just me, but it kiiiinda seems like you threw in the whole "owned by a friend, who's now dead" thing to try and get us to feel bad for you. The grammar in the application is just awkward to read, and overall needs improvement.

Denied

Name: Surotail Returns

ID: 37211

Experience: Owner of Dedicated Server, Hosted gamemodes such as Super Murder Mystery, Renderman, Rescue the Princess, and more from way back in 2013. Since I have just rejoined the Blockland Community after 3 years, I am unable to recall any other administration experiences. Although, I remember I was an administrator of two "City Life" servers.

What is my job: An administrator's role is to enforce the rules of the server. To monitor the players and making sure the game is fun and safe. An administrator is a role model and guides players on how to play. Administrators, represent the server as a whole or as some.

Why should you accept me: Back then, I was young. During that time, I was playing Blockland and I had loved playing the gamemode called "Boss Battles." I remember when "Return to Blockland" made the game fun. After it shutdown, I had lost all hope in playing Blockland anymore. Although, there were some gamemodes that were playable, such as Boss Battles. In 2014, I had shutdown my Super Murder Mystery Server, and quit Blockland. My name wasn't "Surotail." You might remember me as "Lieutenant Sharp." When coming back to Blockland, I could see a very few amount of servers I recognized. Of course, the one I remembered the most was Boss Battles. With experience from moderation from the past, and games outside of Blockland, such as Garry's Mod. I believe I am able to become an Administrator for a server I enjoyed. Whatever asked, I can be mature and professional, behave as I should. Of course, I can be the immature type too...

Pecon: No. You do not sell yourself very well.
Swol: "When asked I can be mature and professional and behave as I should", "I can be the immature too"
siba: No, this application was seriously close to acceptance for me, but I would not trust someone that admits to being immature with an administration position.
Jetz: Job description lacking, reason to accept you is 80% autobiography. No.
Aware: No. You really seem to think that everyone cares that you have "returned" like it is something special.
Trinko: No, we dont need a history lesson, professor. Oh whats this? "Of course, I can be the immature type too..." Get out.
Aqua: Yes. Despite the last sentence you made in the acceptance section, I have a good feeling about this application. The experience feels somewhat fleshed out, which is nice, and the job explanation, while lacking a bit, does get to the point quick without padding. The only reason I wouldn't say yes is from your last section, as it did feel as though you were telling us a story rather then telling us why we should accept you. But as I said before, you seem genuine and knowledgable in what an admin should do.

Denied

Name: NateRacing

ID: 195068

Experience: I have had some administrative encounters/experience during the time of Acr515's Prison Escape, I was an admin, and I assisted him in map construction. A specific experience was when another admin, who had built roughly 45% of the map, started to cheat (somehow respawning himself after dying in elimination) in the game that we made. We gave him warnings and eventually took away his administrative powers. But he continued and even threatened to continue if he did not become admin again, and eventually, we had to start kicking him, and we then banned him. That part wasn't necessarily "happy."

What is my job: I find an admin position not to be getting special in-game access to objects, or being able to pull out a destructo-wand. I find that admin means to dedicate your time and care into a server, to watch players have fun, to join their fun, and to just make sure players act as they should and follow rules.

Why should you accept me: I believe that there are multiple reasons why I should be accepted to this position. I know the meaning of being admin, and the responsibility it bears to hold such power in a job/position, and I know the values and restrictions on bans, kicks, and destructo-wand usage. I will never hold back on admin rule-breaking, and I will report it to those who are higher than I.( Such as how I have explained in the previous questions) These are the utmost important reasons why you should accept me into the Admin Community of Boss Battles' Server. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Tophat: No. I have all the wrong things to say for this one.
siba: I see some potential, but I find it hard to read in some areas, and you only focus on one situation in your experience area - not enough to consider for administration.
Jetz: You seem like your virtues are in the right place, though you're a bit light on experience. The story is cute, but most admins around here would resort to banning much sooner when someone was being deliberately malicious. Someone would also need to investigate how the exploit was being performed. You have potential, but try again when you have more experience. No.
Lugnut: specific incidents aren't really what we want with experience? yeah, try again in a while, but no right now
Aqua: No. While the specific example is nice in your experience area, you give nothing else to show that you're experienced as an admin, so the whole example feels like padding to make your app look bigger. The entire acceptance reason is that you know the rules, you won't abuse and break those rules, and you're really good at following rules. That's not something we look for, that's something we expect.
Joe: No. As noted by others, the application has some potential, but is lacking experience.

Denied

Name: Futuristic

ID: 102322

Experience: Xon's Unlimited Mining,Cannon666's Spring Valley RP,Daniel.S Island RP.

What is my job: To Protect The Chat and To make the server clean!

Why should you accept me: I could help make the server clean and fun!

Tophat: No. I don't believe you can jump infront of the chat with shield in hand to protect it. If you actually found a way, please share.
Swol: I think you were trying to sign up for the janitor app
Jetz: Your job description is hilarious when read in a cartoon superhero voice. "Clean" is a really weird choice of aspiration. No.
Lugnut: no

Denied

Name: Graske

ID: 43133

Experience: Yes, I've been a Admin on a few Blockland servers.

What is my job: Is to help out players that are having some problems, and to make the game fun without any Hackers/Jerks/Rule breakers/Etc.

Why should you accept me: Because I'm a trusted Admin on Blockland. I'm not a guy who abuses powers. I make things fair. And I don't brag. I also am on Boss Battles often, and I enjoy the type of genre it is. Anyway thank you for reading this Application. Hopefully you can decide.

Timezone: northAmer

Pecon: No. No specific examples of experience.
Tophat: No. Difference between bragging and actually being able to provide reasons as to why we should accept you.
Ike: no
Swol: No actual listed servers, drawing overall expectations down for claiming not to "abuse powers", this is a given
Jetz: The "Thanks for reading this application" part took up a third of your reason to accept you. Another third was reiterating the previous section. No.
Ry: No, TS- Omfg am I still saying this?
Trinko: No. "Experience on a few blockland servers?" Care to be a gent and provide names for them? Your reason to accept you is vague and makes you seem untrustworthy.
Joe: No. The experience section is where one is where one is encouraged to outline their past, and in this application, you did just the opposite of that. Telling us that you have been an admin "on a few Blockland servers" is very vague. Furthermore, how are we to know if you are a "trusted Admin on Blockland" if you fail to even name the servers on which you were supposedly admin?

Denied

Name: Coolguy32

ID: 37676

Experience: I have been super admin Pepisann's server where I helped him build a Deathmatch. I have been admin on Sugar's family rp where I helped her with random things. I was moderator (I know it isn't admin) on YouHadAbadday's server where I helped him (of course) moderate on the server. I was super admin tobyOS's prison escape where I helped him build the prison mainly and events.

What is my job: Admin (and super admin) is basically to me looking over the server. It's not just about banning or kicking people, it's also a important job to look at the server for problems. If someone is hacking I would permaban said person and tell badspot about it. If a person is being mean to another person and arguing about something, I would end said agrument by 1. kicking or banning said person if he/she taking it too far. 2. mute the person if he/she is acting just down right immature. For problems, if someone says there is a problem and informs me on what is I would fix and if I can't fix it, I would ask other users for help.

Why should you accept me: I always wanted to be admin on a big server like boss battles, But that's not my reason.
I am currently learning torquescript and I know this server is script-based. (for the most part)
Also, I am a friendly guy, I don't like to mute people for retarded reasons, but if there is a annoying bandwagon in the chat would say "Who ever say X again will get muted". I am pretty smart at managing server for the most part, and like being overlord (not evil overlord) and like the "Please describe what you believe an admin's job is." section I would help out other administrators if they have a problem as well. Another for being a smart person, I act mostly mature for my age.

Tophat: No. I feel like you have the experience, but not the maturity.
Ike: no
Jetz: You have bits and pieces of a decent application in there, but the overall tone doesn't seem consistent enough, and occasionally it dips into low quality hypotheticals. No.
Soroxzion: Nien
Ry: No, For some reason I remember seeing this name somewhere, this is usually not a good thing. Also I spotted a few buzzwords.

Denied

Name: - Kai -

ID: 51126

Experience: Formerly known as Kai Darrison and Svince02, I have hosted and maintained my free build servers in the past, making sure everybody is being respected and punishing users who stir up trouble and use events with malicious intentions, such as crashing the server. I also have a small amount of experience on player to player combat servers, as I was only administrated on one trench wars server

What is my job: As an administrator you are the host's eyes and ears when he or she is absent, you are to keep the server under control, making sure everyone plays by the book, and punishing rule breakers by any means necessary, by muting, kicking, temporarily or indefinitely banning them depending on what offense they have committed, your job as an administrator is to also help people new to the server, by offering them tips and advice to help them play on the server you have been given the responsibility to watch over. You would also have to do occasional bug fixes, such as fixing parts of the play area that may cause any gameplay issues.

Why should you accept me: Many of the hours I have spent on Blockland was spent on Bossbattles and I have enjoyed my time on your server. I decided that I want to help maintain order and an enjoyable atmosphere on the server for all the people in the Blockland community who also enjoy the server as much as I do. I'd also like to improve the gameplay on each map Bossbattles has to offer, by fixing any problem areas, such as elements that can stall the game and areas that some bosses may not be able to reach. I'd also like to prevent argument and division among the people who play Bossbattles, by quickly taking action and extinguishing quarrels that may get bigger if nothing is done about it. I also notice that there is no administration present at times, sometimes even when there's over ten people on the server, I wish to be there when that happens, so that I can keep the server in check. I also have building, terrain building and eventing experience, so I can fix broken events, modify map terrain and construct small structures when needed.

Pecon: No. Poor history.
Tophat: No. Cannot judge if you have changed since the few last encounters as I've not been on the server.
Jetz: "Boss Battles" is two words. I think you make a number of decent points, just needs some refinement. Finding an admin to recommend or endorse you would probably make it more than enough. I'd recommend reapplying. No.
Soroxzion: No.
Ry: No, could use more experience.
Trinko: No, needs a tune-up. Less commas would be nice.
Joe: The application contains a variety of specific points, especially with the in-game "maintenance"-type of experience. However, the application could use more experience. At this time, I vote no. I also recommend reapplying when you gain more experience.

Denied

Name: WaterOre

ID: 7307

Experience: Acidrain's Freemode - Admin - Freebuildish sort of thing that I joined to fill time during lazy summer evenings.
Kenko's Servers - House Freebuild ( http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=289853.0 ) - Super Admin
Staticmaps Freebuild ( http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=268522.0 ) - Super Admin
Bedroom Freebuild ( ) - Admin
Kenko invited me into his administration team because of my building skills and general politeness. Since I joined, I've worked with him to create two servers (Staticmaps Freebuild and House Freebuild), either through providing input in the decision-making process for establishing the server or building necessary infrastructure that helped keep the server running smoothly.

What is my job: An admin's job is to create a fun, pleasant space for the patrons of a server. They provide an enjoyable distraction from the business of everyday life in the form of a well-managed server, keeping it interesting to its players while preventing unruly players from causing trouble and driving away players. On top of this, they improve the overall experience of the server, either through adding content to the server or weaving themselves into the server's community to provide conversation and... I'm not sure. Friendship and trust between the administrators and administrated.

Why should you accept me: I've known many of you for nearly two years and have contact with a large number of you through Steam. I've also contributed to some maps (mostly the original version of Doom Desert) and have been invited to a development server before when Valley was being built. Additionally, both Tophat ( http://i.imgur.com/ndfEMIB.png ) and Trinko ( http://i.imgur.com/riDh9Fh.png ) have shown interest in me applying for a position as admin.

Tophat: My recommendation still goes out to WaterOre. Yes, absolutely.
Swollow: Ok
Jetz: Someone I've actually heard of applying, for a change? Specifically someone without a terrible reputation? And who actually put effort into writing an application? With citations no less? Sign me the fuck up. Or you rather. Sign you the fuck up I guess. Yes.
Aware: Yes. An active player that I trust.
Soroxzion: Yes I reccomend WaterOre.
Gizmo: Because Jetz
Lugnut: Wow, a decent one. I had to enable grammar for this one - yes.
Ry: Yes. Ignoring recomendations, you show a professional understanding of administration and applications in general.
Trinko: Yes. I definetly recommend WaterOre.
Aqua: Yes. Most of the app is good, specifically the job and experience sections, but the last area makes me somewhat uneasy. Being around people doesn't exactly shout "ADMIN MATERIAL" to me, and while the recommendations are good and all, I'd like to see more on why YOU think you would excel over other people that have applied.
Joe: Recommendations aside, from the experience listed and the description of an admin and what they do, I can see that you understand what an admin does and is responsible for. The citations to the servers' forum threads listed in the experience is a plus, definitely. However, for the "Why should you accept me:" section of the application, it doesn't sell as to why we should accept you above any others with relatively similar applications, in my opinion. Abstain.

Accepted

Name: ejoby curseman

ID: 49342

Experience: examples: environments I have was day,night,rain,noon,latenoon, and the other stuff I have advanced and even the others

What is my job: make sure nobody cheats from having unlimited sprint, will need to ban player if using hacks, if someone using hacks like not in mini game can cause to be banned to a player if not in mini game for hacks, players not using hacks will not be banned, if someone is not applying too admin and guess from the password will be banned from the player that guessed and and use kill player and can be banned.

Why should you accept me: cause I like this game that much because I like the songs that you put it was awesome!!! though and yes because I can donate if the accept request has denied so yea but and this game is awesome I like this I would like to help for this game

Pecon: No. Your experience is weather?
Tophat: No. Where is the morning where is the sun?
Swol: No does not have midnight environment
Jetz: This application reads like the instruction manual from Chinese knockoff electronics. No.
Aware: No. This application seems like the output of a bad learning algorithm.
Ry: No, Consider eating serveral shoes.
Trinko: ...No. What exactly am I looking at...?
Joe: No. However, we all thank you for the kind words regarding how much you love the server and its music. :)

Denied

Name: LaughingBudda

ID: 32917

Experience: I was permitted to admin on an old death run server; I don't think its around now however. I have also been permitted admin on VilsonPL's Prison Escape. I got to that rank by applicating, as I am now. I always followed the basic admin rules, and most players knew/know me quite well.

What is my job: I believe an admins job is to control the server so its not going haywire- Keep the players from not following the rules, and use my current experience to build new things (with permission from a higher rank, of course.) If anything looks wrong or is wrong- its my job to fix it, or, if there is another admin currently on at the same time, our job to fix it. I will report bugs/other details that look like the are not meant to be there asap.

Why should you accept me: I have quite a lot of years of experience in Blockland, as well as being rank admin in servers. I know how the game works, I know how admin works. I know what will happen if I don't do what I'm meant to do. I have already donated- too, and I'm ready to go up another step. I have watched the current administrators. in their work. It has given me great ideas of what I could do as an admin. If something is needed, and its reported to me I will be there fast. Basically, what's special about me than other admins is that I'm not just very good at one thing. I'm only ''good'' at most things. Instead of focusing on one aspect on Blockland (building, tricks with jumping, ideas etc;) I focus on all of them, with the downside of only being not as good. This is why I believe I would make a decent admin on Pecon's servers.

Timezone: europe

Pecon: No. Try again when you have more experience.
Swol: Admins do not control server, they moderate, too controlly
Jetz: "I have already donated- too, and I'm ready to go up another step." All contributions to the server are appreciated, but we really can't factor that into this decision. Experience is pretty lacking, and the skill set including "ideas" and "tricks with jumping" aren't exactly what we look for in an admin. No.
Aware: No. Building is not really part of being an admin. Your reasons on why we should accept you are weak and make you look bad. Being a donator does not mean you should be admin.
Trinko: Nope. "Control the server," Get out.
Joe: Though financial contributions to the server are always greatly appreciated, they can't be factored into the decision as to why someone should become an admin, as Jetz said. No.

Denied

Name: Rellik

ID: 185464

Experience: Well, I have been admin on Gamemasters rp's. Richie's Star Wars Battlefront and I think on VilsonPL's Jailbreak. But I think it is good to not have that many admin positions because then you can focus on your job much easier because you dont have to be running around from server to server helping enforce the rules and build.

What is my job: I believe a admins job is to not only enforce the rules its to be friendly to the players and help the owner. I think that another big part of being a admin is making sure to follow the rules yourself and help the owner build. Like if you were working on something and someone joins. Don't just let them play by themselves. Go play with them until someone else joins and they can play with them. And its their job to be active on the server.

Why should you accept me: I think you should accept this application because I will devote my time to this awesome server. One of the reasons I want to help is because this server has a lot to offer. People probably spent forever on these maps that you use. They also spent a lot of time creating/adding addons to make it just perfect. So this server should get a lot of respect from the people who play on it. Many don't realize that its hard to own a server. And I think that with all the admins you recruit you know to judge a badmin over a admin. Hopefully you will find me worthy of a admin position. Thanks for spending your time reading this, Rellik

Jetz: Plenty of grammatical errors, and reason to accept you is a nice statement but singular in what it does. Gotta actually give us a reason to accept you as an admin, not just exclaim your appreciation. No.
Aware: No. You do not have to build to be admin. Your reasons to accept you should give reason why we should accept you instead of being a kiss ass.
Aqua: Yes. Personally, I really like this one. The experience is nice, and it also gives a unique reason that I've not really seen given by many people. The job description hits most of the marks I'd want it to as well. Only problem is the acceptance area, where you talk more about how much you appreciate the servers content and what it gives, rather then why we should accept you. However, the rest of the application shows me what kind of person you are, and I'd like to think you'd fit in well.

Denied

Name: -Phantom-

ID: 27424

Experience: NAT3 - As a close friend, I usually hung around their server, given access to "Super" Administration, moderating the server while NAT3, or any other moderator for that matter was absent. My jobs usually included making sure people built on baseplates, deleting any spam blocks, paints, etc., teaching noobs the basics (though not very often, most know their way around this dated game these days), and just the regular Admin duties.

My sister, "Spoilette100" - Now obviously I'd be admin at my own sister's server, but, according to her, it was more than just "family crap." She has explained how I have, time and time again, saved her and her sever, due to my knowledge of the game and the rules.

What is my job: Not to get all sappy here, but the way I see it, it's a position that takes responsibility, Knowing what to do at any given moment, and just having some good old fashion common sense, above all else. Being an administrator is keeping order, while allowing people have fun. Keeping out the bad so the rule followers can enjoy themselves as they please.

Why should you accept me: I specialize in eventing, building, (I know this is a bit irrelevant when compared to Blockland, but I am looking to working as an Architect, someone who excels in seeing how something works and how it should be put together.), and (where I show the most) keeping order in general. I've always hated hackers/trolls/griefers/bullies, whatever you want to call them, either way, like them. They ruin the game, they ruin each individuals' experience, and turn away possible regulars. They have been known to turn away even the most common of players. This is where I would like to come in. I want to keep balance. I wish to allow any individual willing to abide the rules and play fair, enjoy the game to its fullest, making it a worthwhile experience. But as for the "baddies" mentioned above, lets just say, they will each get their Just Deserts. Thank you for your time, this is all.

Ike: Good grasp on administrative expectations, I'll say yes
Tophat: No. I'd give you a chance. But I've had trouble reading, so I went through it again. If more were in favor of accepting the application, I'd think to switch my vote.
Jetz: Your understanding of the job is alright, but then it kinda bleeds over into the reason to accept you. Yes, admins get rid of people who make the server worse, but why you in particular? What do you offer? Also too many parentheses. But I will say I like that you mentioned "common sense" as an important attribute for an admin to have. Lot of people I've seen in these applications are clearly lacking in that regard. You should reapply. I get the impression you have some of what it takes, but you need to do a better job convincing me I'm right about that. No.
Aware: No. Being able to event and build are not reasons why you should be admin. You focus too much on wanting to punish hackers. If you choose to apply in the future you should completely redo your reasons.
Gizmo: No
Soroxzion:^
Trinko: No. "I specialize in eventing, building" LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE.
Aqua: Yes. The way you typed most of it actually makes me want to keep reading, and it's not just "an admin should _____. an admin should also _____". While lacking a lot of experience, you do go indepth on the specifics of those few examples, which I do like, and you explain what you did and what you can handle. While that could fit down in the acceptance area, I do like it. Job explanation is short and to the point. Only problem is the acceptance area, where your reasoning is that you want to keep balance and ban people who break the rules, which is what's expected of you. Wouldn't be doing your job as an administrator if you didn't.
Joe: Agreeing with Ike, I also have to say that you have a good understand on the expectations of an admin, but you focus too much on certain aspects such as hackers and trolls and too little on others. In short, being an admin is a much larger picture than just punishing those who deserve it. I recommend reapplying, but at this time, my vote is no.

Denied

Name: Lolrus

ID: 45519

Experience: I have administrated on multiple servers. These include Jman1308's Endless Zombies,(which is down now) MrZand's server(which isn't a very big server) and PlaneZero's server.(which is down now too) I didn't have to ban to many people from these servers but I remember I had to ban a few rule breakers.

What is my job: I think an admins job is to make sure a server has no people breaking the rules and to improve the server. This could mean adding/fixing things.

Why should you accept me: You should accept me because I am really REALLY active on Blockland which means I can go on the server a lot and improve the server by doing many things.

Aware: No. Your application is short and shows that you do not have a grasp on what an admin is.
Jetz: Oh man, two "reallys", one even in capital letters! Try a thesaurus next time. No.

Denied

Name: Luneth

ID: 11167

Experience: I currently hold various administration positions on 3 rather popular servers. I am a super admin at Kong123's servers (Deathrace is one of the more notable things hosted by him), a regular admin at Visolator's servers (Randomizer DM was one of the recent servers hosted by him), and a moderator on Crown and Niblic's Jailbreak server. Administrating on these three servers has provided me with experience that I believe makes me fit for an administrative position on this server. Crown and Niblic's Jailbreak especially has taught me many valuable lessons in administrating such as working together to solve problems and keeping your cool when issues get out of hand. On the server, we have to deal with various problems that require a great deal of patience and intuition such as identifying people responsible for item-planting weapons on prisoners or mass random invalid genocides. Kong123 and Visolator's servers were pretty typical and easy to administrate in comparison. I am also an admin on other smaller servers, however there are no notable experiences or credibility that would benefit me by listing them.

What is my job: I believe that an admin's job is to keep a server running properly and to be able to identify any problems before they arise, as well as fixing any unforseen problems in a calm and respectful manner. Admins should also be able to work with other admins well and without arguing. To me, a server-- any server, is like an automated factory machine. Admins are the engineers and workers who keep the machinery running properly and are the ones who identify any potential problems or fix any issues before they become major problems that could possibly result in the machine failing. Problem users that ruin the fun for other players and players abusing exploits are a few of the problems that could ruin the machine. It is an admin's duty to mediate and punish those responsible for causing problems accordingly, as well as ensure that players are having a good time on the server. If they aren't enjoying themselves, what's the point in playing the server? Admins are a necessity to make any server run smoothly.

Why should you accept me: I don't think I need to explain who I am, as I have been around on the server for a few years now (although I haven't been on recently for reasons that need not be disclosed here) and have a very good understanding of how things generally work on the server. I know most of the other admins somewhat on the server and others very well and I think I can work well with them without any issues. I applied once a good while ago and was denied, and now I believe the reason for that was that I was immature had little to no experience in administrating and relied on recommendations. I believe my current administration experience now far exceeds the standards now, and I also genuinely still enjoy this server; it is one of the few fond memories I have of this game and I want nothing more than to be able to help make the server better and more enjoyable. I poured my heart into making my skyscraper map (which was unfortunately removed which has really bummed me out, but I digress) because I truly believed that I was making the server better by contributing with my map. I may appear to be whiney and selfish when it comes to changes made to the game, but I only give my opinion because it's what I believe would make the server better. I want to be able to contribute to the server more and I think that becoming an admin on the server would give me the opportunity to do, and it would also benefit the server as a whole.

Thank you for considering me; I eagerly await your decision.

Regards, Luneth.

Tophat: There'll be those who are against me for this decision, but I recommend Luneth here. Knows the server very well and is around a decent amount.
Aware: Yes. A very active player that contributes to the server. Not mentioning that you can build and event is bonus points.
Soroxzion: Honestly I would say Yes for the simple fact he has been on the server for such a long time. LuLu~
Tincan: Undecided. I feel like it needs to be said that you're both a terrible player and a great player, but seeing you on Crown's Jailbreak being a rather good moderator makes me want to lean towards your side.
Swollow: No
Jetz: Well, you were able to recognize that Tophat would make a good admin. Guess we'll find out if it works the other way around. Yes.
Gizmo: I hate Lune and everything about him. Yes.
Lugnut: going off of the other guys, yes?
Trinko: Sure. As much as I used to think of you as a grump and kind of an ass, youre not all that bad. Lets see how you do.
Aqua: No. The app is good, and every part seems to hit the marks it needs to hit, and there's not a lot of padding. But I just can't say yes due to how I've seen you act in the past. Things like hostility and the way I've seen you interact with other players, most notably newer ones, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't know if that's what I'd want in an admin. There's a chance I might be wrong, and you might be the best goddamn admin anyone has ever seen, but I gotta say no from past experiences, sorry.

Accepted

Name: jyvot

ID: 177995

Experience: I had experience at being moderator on Mooshimity's Trench Wars CTF and admin experience on Xon's unlimited mining X. A few years ago, my friend was hosting my CityRPG in Half-life 2 Deathmatch but he stopped doing this because I couldn't stay on it 24/7.

What is my job: Being admin is a serious job about keeping players calm. Well, sometimes people are starting arguing and if no admin's on, it's being very annoying. In situations like this, admin must try to make them calm, if he/she can't, then he/she uses his/her powers to make it happen. I could continue typing but I'm not that good at English.

Why should you accept me: I'm not actually forcing you to do this. It's all up to you but I would like to try myself as administrator/moderator. As I said before, being admin is a serious job, so I guess I could handle this.

Timezone: europe

Pecon: No. No convincing attempt made.
Soroxzion: No
Aware: No. Your application is short and shows that you do not understand what being an admin is.
Jetz: As stated in a previous application, if you aren't gonna try and convince us to make you an admin, don't apply. We don't just draw applications out of a hat here, we actually do try to evaluate these. No.
Lugnut: didn't you apply before? didn't make it better, no
Trinko: No. Kind of like Jetz said, you can compare this to the presidental election; you have to make your campaign look good or youre not going to get voted.

Denied

Name: -SpitFire-

ID: 187222

Experience: I've never been an admin before. but in the Future Knife TDM servers I am been moderated since that was not shut down the server. I am not a person who uses the power of being admin I moderator. I help the player if they know not to use the various Add-Ons on the server.

What is my job: on the admin work is to help the players. and not abuse the power that possesses admin. also help the members who would like to donate to the server. in short, the admin is the person who holds the server and that helps everyone even those who did not deserve it.

Why should you accept me: I would like to be an admin of your server to help players. to assist you in finding glitches or bugs and also because your server. I attend already from different accounts by: (DarkWar117, -Infinity-) and now -SpitFire-. your server if I could ask much you like to put admin because not only would help the players but I would be honored to join the staff of this server that you put on and still new Blockland players visit and have fun with it you! I would like to donate, but I have no money at the moment so if you wanted to accept me as a new member of staff ... I will not disappoint.

- I will follow all the rules that are written!
- I promise not to insult and not abuse your generosity.
- Helping anyone who came into your server.
- If you wanted to accept me I would not know how to thank you.
- If you do not agree to me as a new member of staff. This will not prevent me to enjoy every second in your server. :)
- I will not ask if you've read my request every single day!

Ps: If there are any grammar mistakes is because I live in Russia and are not an expert in English. having said that I greet you and I hope you read my request!

Timezone: russia

Pecon: No. Experience is weak.
Tincan: No. It's nice to know you won't take this the wrong way, but we generally just want admins that have good experience and don't have poor applications. Also there won't really be plenty of players online during russian hours, I'd think.
Aware: No. Putting all the ass kissing aside, your reasons are "i play on the server" and "i will pay you."
Soroxzion: No
Jetz: Assistance in finding glitches or bugs is something you can do as a player, arguably more easily as one in some cases. Donations aren't a consideration when selecting admins. No.

Denied

Name: Ve4i76BL

ID: 49424

Experience: ( Second Version of my application )

I've been an administrator in a minecraft server, I help the owner build the server and try to stop rulebreakers / hackers / exploiters. I try to patch bugs for his server and make sure the players have fun, I've been another administrator in a minecraft server, I try to make people have fun. I try to help the owner. I make sure no one breaks rules from unwanted, obscure rulebreakers, I try to help small servers get bigger.

What is my job: What I believe a admin's job is to ensure the server isnt getting harmed and try to moderate the server from rulebreakers, Patching bugs and glitches, An admins job isn't just simply instantly banning rulebreakers, But to warn, before actually banning instead of not giving a second chance to the rulebreaker,
Being an admin also means you get trusted by the owner, meaning the owner will give you trust and have control over the server and you have to protect it instead of just banning a bunch of people. An admin’s job isn’t a power, But rather.. An responsibility to protect the server.

Why should you accept me: I tend to make the players have fun in the server, I help everyone for them to have the maximum experience of Boss Battle. I try to never make the players angry. I enforce the rules. I try to make players like and enjoy the server and try to give them the best experience. I tend to administer the server nicely and make sure the server isn’t going out of control, I answer players question to help them, I try my best to not break the rules and help the community.

Timezone: middleEast

Pecon: No. I think you mixed up some of the application sections.
Tophat: No. Decent experience though.
Swol: Not admin material
Soroxzion:^
Jetz: "I tend to make the players have fun in the server" FUN OBLIGATION NOT FULFILLED. ENGAGE FUN PROTOCOLS. COMPLIANCE IS MANDATORY. But yeah your understanding of the job is rather narrow. No.
Trinko: no
Joe: Though your experience is not from Blockland, but rather Minecraft, I cannot "confirm" the validity of your experience simply because I don't know what servers you were supposedly admin on. No.

Denied

Applications accepted this session:
- Seh
- WaterOre
- Luneth

Congratulations!
Ranma
Onion Knight
BLID: 11167
October 14, 2016 12:14:26
Nice.
Newton
Cat
BLID: 164884
October 16, 2016 13:34:48
I personally have not seen Seh on the server much(probably since I haven't been online much lately), but I definitely think WaterOre and Luneth have qualities that are required of an administrator. Congrats to all three of you!
[0]

BOSS BATTLES forums are © 2016 by Pecon7